Monday, January 16, 2012

RSS Feeds

I subscribed to Google Reader last year but quickly forgot I had done so and never checked it! I logged back in and added several feeds to my list (with more to come) and admit to feeling somewhat overwhelmed.  I feel my news intake is already fairly shallow - I do lots of headline skimming and not as much actual article reading as I would like - and I have trouble focusing with so many options available. I am resolved to check it every day for the next week and see if it makes life easier.

1 comment:

  1. I do a fair amount of skimming in my Reader, too--it can get overwhelming (especially since I tend to oversubscribe). When it gets to be too much I make use of the "Mark All As Read" button and assume that if it's really important I'll see it somewhere else. :)

    ReplyDelete